- To provide the services, publications, and information you request and to manage your account with us.
- To deliver or display content that matches your professional interests and responsibilities.
- To contact you with information about and invitations for products and services – ours and other companies – directed to your professional interests and responsibilities.
- To offer you opportunities to connect directly with your peers and with sellers of technology that may be of interest to you.
- For any other purpose that we tell you about when you give us the information.
Your Choices You have a choice about and control over: Connecting directly with other companies for marketing purposes. In addition to providing you with our own editorial content, we offer you the opportunity to access others’ branded content and expertise. When you choose to take advantage of that content or expertise, you choose to have your name and contact details transferred directly to that other company or companies. We will put you in direct contact when you choose to:
- Access a specific webcast, online event, web site, newsletter, or other offering which is sponsored or co-sponsored by another company. If you have enabled our automatic recognition cookie, as described below, you need only click to download or register for the asset or opportunity.
- Register for one of our virtual events with a number of exhibitors. We may give your name and contact details to all exhibitors and give the exhibitor whose booths and resources you access a record of your visits and interaction with content from that exhibitor.
- Attend one of our face-to-face events. Exhibitors may be given an attendance list for the event. It is up to you, however, to decide whether to leave your business card or allow your badge to be read by a particular exhibitor. Badges cannot be read remotely. A sponsor of a special, sponsored conference session will also be given information about you if you choose to attend that company’s session. Your future interaction with online content from an exhibitor or sponsor to whom you provided your contact data may also be tracked and disclosed to that exhibitor or sponsor.
Making information you provide public.
- We offer web sites that allow you to publish content. Many of these blog sites require that you have registered if you wish to comment. We will publish the user name you provide at registration when you comment. Some sites allow you to create a public profile as well.
- Our online event venues also require that you be registered with any of above mentioned online sites and allow you to have both public and closed communications with exhibitors and other participants. Information that identifies you will be published or shared according to your choices.
- Increasingly, we offer apps at our face to face events, allowing you to communicate and publish to others who have also downloaded the app.
- These apps and online communities may provide privacy controls which allow you to choose how much of your profile and other information to make public or to share with others within the community. As a professional, you remain responsible for locating the privacy controls (usually available on the page from which you can edit your profile), understanding how those controls, including default settings, work and protecting the information you provide.
Receiving email marketing messages from us.
- You may opt out of our email marketing lists by following the directions at the bottom of our promotional emails. Please note that we have a number of brands and products and allow you to opt out selectively. To remove a specific email address from all our brand email marketing you may make a request to [email protected].
- Please note that you may receive email marketing messages from us about other companies’ offerings as part of a list rental or partner marketing programs – but only if you have given us permission to do so. We do not disclose your contact details to the partners, and we do not sell your data. You have the option of contacting the other company directly if you click on the links within the email. To opt out of our partner marketing programs, you may follow the instructions at the bottom of any email we send you as part of the program.
Whether your account information is up to date. Please help us keep your account information up to date. You may update most online registrations by consulting the particular web site itself or visiting a preference page after you have logged on to the site. More Information About Cookies You also have choices about cookies: Our cookies. We place cookies that identify you, or allow third parties to do so on our behalf, for the following purposes:
- To recognize you automatically when you return to any of our web sites or online offerings or registration pages.
- To understand your interests in content, both our own content and that of other companies, on or across our web sites.
- To control access to gated online events including webinars and virtual events.
- To make an automated record of your interests within a virtual event.
- To manage and follow up on email campaigns.